A lunch that’s super flavourful, won’t leave you feeling sluggish or bloated, and is ready in 5 minutes? Yup, that sounds pretty awesome to me. All you need to do to make your day run this smoothly is make the pesto ahead of time. It keeps in the fridge for about a week, so you can make this pasta multiple times or use the leftover pesto for something equally awesome. Your choice!
I did say this was for lunch, but I’ve had it as a light dinner or even for breakfast to start my day off on a veggie high, and it suited each situation perfectly.
Mediterranean Zucchini Pasta Salad (serves 1)
~ Gluten free, raw, vegan, refined sugar free, soy free, nut free ~
For the pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 medium vine tomato, diced
- a big handful of sprouts
- 6-8 black olives, pitted and diced
- 2-3 tbsp sun-dried tomato hemp pesto
For the pesto (recipe barely adapted from Oh She Glows)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup kale leaves
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flax oil
- pinch of sea salt and black pepper
For the pesto
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
For the pasta
- Place your spiralled zucchini in a large bowl and spoon in 2 tbsp of pesto. Evenly coat your noodles, adding another tbsp of pesto if necessary (or just because it’s delicious).
- Add in your diced tomatoes, olives, and handful of sprouts, and toss everything together.